Gettin Flippy with it: Using Youtube for Reverse Instruction
A Few Flipping Resources
Advanced Playlist Options
- Start video at specific time
- Add note
- Record introduction
Tracking and Feedback
1. Digital - Embed Quiz with Video
Mole Ratios - by Ramsey Musallam
2. Analogue - Pen and Paper “Note-takers”
Order of Operations Video - by Chris Raymaakers
3. Ted-Ed Flipping
Examples and Uses
- Interactive Quiz or Review - by James Sanders
- Choose your own adventure
- Direct students to other videos/ previous concepts
- Add info that you left out during the recording
- Create virtual “wait time” (see my Demo Slam)
Embedding and Linking Tricks and Tips
Embedd without related videos (or just Add &rel=0 to the end of the URL before embedding it)
Start at the important part (try adding #t=04m32s (#t=XXmYYs for XX mins and YY seconds) to the end of the URL.
Embed a Playlist in a Google Site - Thanks, Jim Sill
Other Cool Stuff We Don’t Have Time For
Want to make your channel look AWESOME? (example) :)
Want EVERY YouTube video in a CD collection?
Want to add copyright free music as the background to your video?
iMovie too complicated? Edit your videos AFTER you upload them to YouTube.
Don’t have permission to put your student’s faces on YouTube?
But, you have a need to post that excellent class video? Just apply the “blur faces” video enhancement and let those worries fade away.