Design a Lesson Around a Video
Option 1. Take a moment to browse TED-Ed by subject area or by series. Click through the “Quick Quizzes”, “Think” and “Dig Deeper” activities. Bookmark any that look relevant to your teaching so that you can come back later and watch the video.
Option 2. Take one of your favorite teaching videos and create a lesson around it.
With annotations you can layer text, links, and hotspots over your video. You can add information, interactivity and engagement.
Examples and Uses
- Interactive Quiz or Review - by James Sanders
- Help people find a video in their preferred language.
- Choose your own adventure
- Direct students to other videos/ previous concepts
- Add info that you left out during the recording
Here is a project Steve Katz and some star teachers at ISKL did with 4th graders using the creative commons videos available in the YouTube Editor.