Play #1 - The Hook, or (Students need to smile more)
Share a link to a video on YouTube that you would use to "hook" your audience. Our aim is to create a list of not-made-for-education videos for education. Do you have more than one? Try to come up with 3. After submitting all three, feel free to browse the "YouTube's Education Efforts" section below.
YouTube’s Education Efforts
- YouTube EDU- High quality educational videos for students of all ages, created by top educators and institutions around the world.
- YouTube for Teachers- Site with subject and competency specific playlists that helps teachers learn how to use YouTube effectively in class.
- YouTube for Schools- Domain setting that gives schools restricted access to high quality educational videos, channels, and playlists for students of all ages INTRO VIDEO
- YouTube TED-Ed Original video content that marries the talent of great teachers with top animators to bring concepts like neuroscience to life in in short videos, typically 5 minutes long. INTRO VIDEO and TEDEd Website Tour
- YouTube Digital Citizenship - an interactive curriculum aimed to support teachers of secondary students in educating about digital citizenship, and being responsible community members.