Get Packing: Inspiring Ideas
Maps by Educators or Students
Prague’s Old Town Legends by Nancy VonWalde's 3rd Grade Students
Area of Triangle around School by Anne Flaherty
Public Art in Prague by the entire Grade 7 at International School of Prague
Underground Railroad by Katie Sabol, State Library of Ohio
MN Geology Maps by GCT Ben Friesen
Erosion @ WJH by GCT Ben Friesen
Measures in Madrid by GCT Tom Barrett
Earth Science - science619 - The year’s curriculum mapped out.
Ancient Greece - Grade 6 two-student map as notes for the unit.
13 Colonies - Grade 8
Blog Posts (with links to Maps)
Finding more inspiring ideas by searching maps.google.com under Advanced Search
Get Your Bearings: How to use the tools
Top Tips for working on a collaborative map
1. Sign in to Google Maps
2. Search for your placemarks, then add them to a map by clicking the placmark then clicking "Add to map".
Head out on the Trail
Activity 1: The Layover - If you only had 24-48 hours in Singapore what would you do? See? Eat?
1. Go to this map: SG Layover
2. Then add 1 or 2 ATTRACTIONS, (restaurants, experiences, places, trails, etc.) that you would consider "Musts" for visitors with only a few hours here. Plot the point on the map, label it and choose an appropriate icon for a placemark. Write a short description including what it is and why it is important. Don't forget to add your name as part of the title.
3. Bonus: If you found that all to be too easy,try to accomplish the following bonus tasks
- Change the icon to better represent the attraction
- Add an image into the description.
- Add a video into the description.
- Try adding a shape or line to represent an area or hiking trail. Can you change the color?
Google My Maps
Coming Soon - Create Your Own StreetView Map
Here is my first attempt: My Brother's Dental Office
Singapore American School: Middle School Library
What’s New with Google Maps?
Join in! Contribute to the Ongoing Google Maps Projects
Math Maps Started by GCT Tom Barrett
15 Interesting Ways to use Google Maps in the Classroom Started by GCT Tom Barrett
Google Lit Trips - Started by GCT Jerome Berg